Capitol Accessibility Services
For special assistance, contact the Capitol Information and Guide Services office.
|Location:||Capitol 1S.2, first floor, south wing.|
For concerns and information on accommodations for people with disabilities please contact:
Tour Publications, American Sign Language & Scheduling
- Publications are available in large print versions and Braille for the Capitol, Capitol Visitors Center and Grounds. Brochures may be checked out and returned after use from the Capitol Information and Guide Service in Capitol 1S.2.
- Guided tours of the Capitol, Capitol Visitors Center and Governor’s Mansion using American Sign Language (ASL) interpreters can be given with 1 week’s advance notice.
For scheduling Capitol and Capitol Visitors Center Tours with an American Sign Language interpreter, please contact:
Parking & Route Markers
- Street parking is limited and competitive. Parking in the Visitor Parking Garage is recommended.
- Vehicles properly displaying an official disabled parking placard or disabled parking license may park at a parking meter in the Capitol Complex for free.
- Watch for Accessibility Route markers on the Capitol Grounds which indicate ADA code-compliant routes to and from the Capitol's North Entrance, the Capitol Visitors Center's South Entrance, and the Capitol Visitors Parking Garage.
- Motorized scooters are not allowed on the Capitol Grounds.
- Two family use restrooms are available at the end of the tunnel leading from the Capitol north wing elevators on level E2.
- Baby changing tables are located in the 2nd floor restrooms of the Texas Capitol.
- View all locations within the Texas Capitol and Extension on the Capitol Visitors Guide .
Public-Capitol Wireless Access
- The Texas Legislative Council provides open wireless Internet access in the Texas Capitol Complex for public use. Wireless policy and connection details can be found on the Texas Legislature Online Website .
- Wheelchairs may be checked out at the Tour Guide office for use on tours.