Capitol Accessibility Guide
- All Capitol, Capitol Extension, and Capitol Visitors Center facilities are accessible to persons with disabilities.
- For special assistance, contact the Capitol Information and Guide Service at 512.463.0063, email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit their office in the Capitol 1S.2, in the first floor, south wing.
- For concerns and information on accommodations for people with disabilities please contact:
- Street parking is limited and competitive. Parking in the Visitor Parking Garage is recommended.
- Vehicles properly displaying an official disabled parking placard or disabled parking license may park at a parking meter in the Capitol Complex for free at any time.
- Watch for path markers on the Capitol Grounds which indicate accessible routes to the Capitol Visitors Center or Capitol North Entrance.
- A limited number of wheelchairs can be borrowed from the Capitol Information and Guide Service in 1S.2 and or the Capitol Visitors Center with a photo ID during business hours (hours are subject to change). First come first served.
- Visitors interested in Capitol history are encouraged to begin their tour at the Capitol Visitors Center.
- Publications are available in large print versions and Braille for the Capitol, Capitol Visitors Center and Grounds. Brochures may be checked out and returned after use from the Capitol Information and Guide Service in Capitol 1S.2.
- Guided tours of the Capitol, Capitol Visitors Center and Governor’s Mansion using American Sign Language (ASL) interpreters can be given with 1 week’s advance notice.