Capitol Events Request
The State Preservation Board approves and schedules all Capitol events held in the public areas of the Capitol, Capitol Extension and on the Capitol Grounds. Public events must serve a public purpose by promoting the public health, education, safety, morals and general welfare of all of the state's residents.
- Completed requests must include a Sponsorship Form from a state official sponsor. State official sponsors include the Governor, Lieutenant Governor, Speaker of the Texas House of Representatives, a Texas Senator, or a member of the Texas House of Representatives.
- Please read the policies that accompany the appropriate application before submitting an Event Request.
- In order to ensure that the requested date is available, please consult the calendar online or contact the Capitol Events Coordinator. After confirmation that the date is available, you may submit the completed application and sponsorship form.
- Fees for events will be invoiced only after an event has been approved and are due prior to the event date. The State Preservation Board can only accept payments for Events via check or money order.
- The SPB Capitol Events Coordinator can be contacted at Capitol.Events@tspb.texas.gov or call 512.463.3051 during office hours with any questions.
Policies & Request Forms
- Select a category below to review the policies and request form page.
- Please be aware the requested date and time may not be available. Requests are processed in the order they are received.